Friday 18 July 2014

Passing from Virginity. An Open Letter to Charly Lester of the Huffington Post.

 Dear Ms. Lester,

Thank you for helping to break the silence surrounding male rape.

I was raped by my first sexual partner when I was 17. I had snuck into her parents house with her late one night. We filled about an hour with the sort of pseudo-sex that precedes non-virginhood before she asked me to have sex with her. I refused: partially for fear of waking her parents, and partially for my desire for my first instance of 'real sex' to happen in a safer environment. She protested, I refused again, and she answered by threatening to wake her parents, who I had felt scared around fully dressed, to say nothing of how I would have felt had they come to investigate and found me struggling to don my underwear. She won. She assured me that I didn't have anything to worry about, and that she'd do the work - as though that would help me relax. Ultimately, she mounted me and I passed from virginhood.

I judged it worth writing you about this event, as a major part of breaking the silence surrounding male rape involves engendering the acceptance, but not the tolerance, of instances of the heterosexual-rape of boys. I hope you will someday write an article that promotes awareness of such events.

Thank you for helping to obliterate this taboo.

-Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment